Glatfelter Healthcare Practice, formerly known as Hospice and Community Care Insurance Services, has been with you every step of the way since January 2001. Glatfelter has specialized insurance and continues to be committed to delivering outstanding products to the hospice, home health care and senior living community, supporting these products with excellent service, risk management and unquestioned financial strength.
When you make Glatfelter your company of choice, this is what we deliver:
- We provide protection and peace of mind to more than 550 hospices and more than 1,350 home healthcare agencies from coast to coast.
- Our associates average six years experience working with hospices and home healthcare agencies.
- In-house underwriting staff and customer service agents work solely on hospice, home healthcare agencies, senior living and their insurance needs.
- Our risk control consultants average more than 30 years of clinical healthcare experience and 20-plus years in healthcare risk management experience.
- Our customers range from start-up operations to large multiple state accounts and all of those who may fall in between.
- We have been a long-term supporter of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization where our hospice program got started.
- Collectively our senior living underwriters have more than 60 years of experience underwriting senior living.
- We underwrite multiple forms of senior living, including:
- Skilled care
- Assisted living
- Independent living
- Personal care homes
- We are licensed and available to cover your exposures in all 50 states.
- One stop for your coverage needs: professional liability, general liability, automobile, non-owned auto liability, umbrella/excess liability, management liability and property coverages including theft.
Hospice & Home Healthcare Coverage Highlights
- Medical malpractice liability coverage is available to your contracted, volunteer or employed physicians. Coverage is provided for their administrative and/or clinical duties on behalf of your organization.
- Business personal property is covered for the perils of flood and earthquake.
- A $50,000 business interruption and extra expense including coverage for the perils of flood and earthquake are provided at no additional cost. Higher business income / extra expense limits are also available.
- Sexual abuse coverage up to $3,000,000 is available to clients who qualify.
- Up to $25,000 is included to reimburse you for payments to patients and their families because of lost or stolen property.
Senior Living Coverage Highlights
- General Liability (Claims-made or Occurrence)
- Professional Liability (Claims-made or Occurrence)
- Automobile Liability - Owned, Hired & Non-Owned
- Prior Acts (Nose) Coverage
- Umbrella Liability
Assistance from Our Risk Control Expertise
- On-site, phone or email consultation with experienced risk control consultants.
- Complimentary training DVDs on driver safety, patient transfer safety, abuse prevention and reporting, documentation and home safety.
- Free access to "GHPHRHelp.com," our online employment practices resource.
- Free risk assessment self-evaluation tool.
- Free documentation training tool.
- Our "Update" newsletter published quarterly.
- Twenty-four free Risk Control Communiqués available here.
Our Responsive Claims Service
- Our in-house claims department with its proprietary network of adjusters and attorneys located throughout the country handles all Glatfelter Healthcare Practice claims.
- Since our program inception in 2001, our in-house claims department has handled more than 3,700 hospice and home healthcare agency claims.
Our Responsive Customer Service
- There is no telephone tree. During regular business hours, all telephone calls are answered by trained associates.
- All after-hours calls are answered by a trained associate located in York, PA.
- Available associates do not use voice messaging to screen incoming calls.
Our Financial Stability
- Our insurance carrier is one of the largest insurance companies in the world.
- Our Hospice and Home Healthcare insurance carrier has a financial strength rating of A+ (Superior) as rated by the A.M. Best Company. It has maintained an A or better financial strength rating with A.M. Best Company since 1923. For our Senior Living program, our carrier is A (Excellent) rated.
- Our Hospice and Home Healthcare program is admitted to operate in the state by all 50 state insurance departments, which means our customers get the benefit of all state insurance regulations. For our Senior Living program, we are approved in 47 states.